You Weren't There

You weren't there when you should have been
You weren't there
When I told everyone you would be!
My night in shining amour
Became rusty overnight
My 'soul mate' forgot he had another half!

Oh how I wish you had been there!
Through all the terrors and the pain
When life had lost all meaning
And my mind was in distress
And I wandered as a ghost

I always thought that you would be
'The One' to Sleigh the Dragon
To raise me from the fiery pit
And rock me back to health
Safe in your arms…..

You weren't there in the cold dawn
Warm arms wrapped around me;
The car I heard was not yours
As I staggered to the window
Eyes swollen from grief and loss

The voice I heard through sedation
In the hospital, was not yours
You were not arriving
To take me to lunch!
My longing's cruel trick

I would have walked on broken glass
Stared Medusa in the face
Starved and suffered just to know
You were alright, not left your side
From daybreak to dusk

Oh God! no matter how I view it
No matter how I try to analyze
Your sudden withdrawal from my loving world
The facts speak for themselves
You weren't there!

By; Alison Stormwolf

Source; soul awakening

Dont forget to like, subscribe to our news letter, comment and share.
Wanna share some of your poems to be posted? Send to; erinayomi95@gmail.com

Thanks Y'all.


0 comments:

Post a Comment