FACES

We kissed in a dark room
Illuminated only by our carnal desires
It was damp and brief
I wonder if Jesus felt the same trepidation when Judas "kissed" him

Then you said we should be friends
My inner self gave a giant size chuckle
Fuck being friends.. I'd only text you on your birthdays now
So after a nap and 4 hours of hurt
I realised we'd never work

Not because i don't crave after your physical endowment
Not because your touch doesn't cause a tug on my zips
Your just not for me

So one night.
As i lay stupidly drunk
I texted you how i felt
You shouldn't have kissed me
You should have given me a clean break

Then i saw your text
Saying how you made a mistake and all
How i was the one for you
And you wanting our lips to lock again
My zips said Aye
Yet my head said Nay
So i walked away and never looked back

By; Oloworekende Adewale


To get your poem(s) featured
Simply do this:
Send them to proudpoets@gmail.com

Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment