LOVE YOU LIKE A BABY

They don't teach love,
I'm not good at this.
I'm not a fan of lessons,
But here is one I learnt from my parent.

Mama said,
"Treating a lady,
Is the same way a mother treats her baby.
Same love and caresses,
Similar food but longer dresses,
Same reason she laughs
Same tear she cries,
Babies don't know much of jealousy
but take away their toys
The result is still the same."

I'll love you like a baby,
When effects of sad moments
Flow through your eyes,
I'll hold you like a mother holds her baby,
Singing sweet lullabies and rock you steady
Till you feel safe and fall into a blissful pause
On my motherly bosom.

"She'll take a lot of shit,"
Mama said,
"That's what diapers are for,
But when they get full
Make sure you're bold enough to change 'em."
So when you're not in your best behaviour
I'll sit you down like a lady,
Reset you with words of love.
A true king never hit his lady
A true king I am.

Father said,
"Treating a lady,
Is the same way a father treats his baby.
Same words and hugs
Similar gifts but expensive ones
Same reason she fights
Same love she has
Babies don't know much about sacrifice
But give them your love
The result is still the same."

I'll love you like a baby,
Treat you like a Queen a father treats his baby,
Give you my all if all is all I have
Be your hero like my Father is to me
Fight for you hoping one day
You'll see a reason to do the same

"Dada", the first word
a father wants to hear from his baby
Slow and staggery treads of a child
Steps towards a father with arms open wide
Waiting to catch his little thing when she trips
Like a father
My heart melts when you say my name
Your voice resounding in my head
Just enough for me to strike a smile
Still like a father
I'll wait at every end
With arms open wide just in case,
The ground tries to surprise you with what's beneath

I'll love you like a baby,
Hoping the lesson I learned
Makes me love you.
Better.

By ErinAyoMi

To get your poem(s) featured
Simply do this:
Send them to proudpoets@gmail.com

Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment